View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default peripheral neuropathy or RSD?

Hi, I am new here. I was wondering if maybee some of you who are going through this could help me. I had surgery 3 and a half months ago on my foot to remove a Mortons neuroma. Now I cant bend or flex my toes, I have pins and needles 24/7 , And so many weird pains sometimes it feels like someone is sticking me with a really long needle, then at times it burns, sometimes it feels wet sometimes it feels like my sock is full of sand. I cant cover my foot at night with a blanket it feels rough and really heavy, when I take a shower(which now is maybee twice a week) the shower water feels like someone throwing rocks at my foot at times my foot will turn a blue/ purple color and feel like it's on fire but when I touch it it's cold cold.Just when I think I've experienced every kind of pain imaginable in this foot last night it felt like some one stuck a butcher knife in my ankle and ripped my skin all the way up my calf???? today that pain now feels like my skin is ripping apart. My neurologist thinks I have peripheral neuropathy, but is sending me to a professor of neurology at USF to have an EMG and nerve conduction test. when I saw her my foot turned purple right there in her office and she said it was colder than my other foot, but she did'nt know why. She gave me a prescription for lyrica, wow expensive, I have read alot about Lyrica and am weary of trying it. Sorry this post is so long I have no where to vent or ask questions. Do you think this sounds like RSD or peripheral neuropathy? any help I feel like I am going crazy
thanks Kelly
kellyevans40 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-21-2010), Lady (03-31-2010)