View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdrea83 View Post
I've been receiving ketamine infusions that have put me into remission for months at a time... and I still receive my ssd/ssi. I have started going back to work, but I make sure that I do not exceed the allowable amount of monthly income that would then stop my benefits. I haven't exactly told them I'm in remission, but because there is no cure, and i do eventually start making too much money that would end my benefits, if at anytime i need to be fully dependant on them i can go and let them know that i am unable to fully support myself. there is also a way to continue working, and continue receiving the medical insurance aspect of it. but pretty much i see it as what they don't know won't hurt them, because remission is not a for sure thing and the symptoms can come back at anytime, and i fought for 3 years to get my benefits, so i'm going to make sure that i keep them until i'm absolutely certain i don't need them anymore.
My understand ing is.Once you have RSD..you will always have it..there is no cure...and even with Keatmine, you must have the booster infusions cuz the pain does resurface..sometimes worse that original pain so you are never free of it..Sad but true..So your disability status should not change as RSD is so unpredictable.....
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote