View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
Pkell and Virginia, I appreciate your coments very much. And Steve, not only do I apreciatde what you wrote, but I can empathize with your situation and frame of mind right now. You sound very depressed and rightly so, but there is help in finding the right mixture of psychotherapy and medication (been thefre - done that). I am also glad you realize the love of you by your family and friends (don't forget your worth to us formicians, too)

The degrading mockery of the PWP makes my blood boil, too. It was clearly stupidity on the part of the two guys taking him to be begging... I would love to see what those two guys would say if interviewed after having their dispicable behavior plastered on videos around the world. Their actilon IMHO does nothing to solve a difference of opinion.

Enough of that. I Just wanted you to know you are loved and respected here. And note the time o f gthis post - can't sleep (yawn)

Peg
I know you understand Peg..I know you all understand..,Ive read about your..(everyone's).. frustrations long before I was to experience it myself, and all of a sudden I went from functioning reasonably, to not functioning very much at all..Ive been seriously considering DBS, but after what Ive been through lately, Im afraid of it too..What if I go through all that, and I end up being one of those people that it doesnt work for?

My neuro examines me, and the resuts are that it is still pre-dominant on one side, but my strong side isnt strong enough to compensate for my weak side..Its like a three legged stool

Ive been through alot of things in my life that didnt scare me..Ive been through storms a sea, and Ive seen gigantic waves..Ive been through a sinkng and rescued by a passing sailboat, and while I was drifting with tide I had faith I would survive it..But pd scares me..It does now anyway