View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default TV Antenna Discovery

As an official Cable/Satellite boycotter, I have elected to spend money elsewhere and get my digital TV via antenna.

My issue was that the upper spectrum (ch 8 & up) of VHF requires rabbit ears spread wide and long, while the lower spectrum (ch. 2-7) requires the rabbit ears set short and parallel.

I've spent some frustrating time fiddling and moving, scanning & rescanning but could never get both upper and lower VHF to come in with one configuration.

Then it hit me: compound antennae! I took a second pair of rabbit ears, set them for lower and attached them to the other set that are set for the higher spectrum. Success! I went from 12 to 20 channels!

By not connecting the UHF wire from the second antenna, my UHF remained undisturbed.

LOL, if only I watched more TV. But, this is an under $10 help that might serve others, hence, I post.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-29-2010), ewizabeth (03-21-2010), SandyC (03-23-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (03-23-2010), Victor H (03-23-2010)