View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 11:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Don't Give Up, Steve

Steve...I realize...as with anything...it is easy for one like me (who does NOT have P) to utter the phrase: "Don't give up". When I first joined this forum, you were one of the people here...if not THE one who kept me coming to the forum. As I've stated...I do NOT have PD....I am the carepartner to one who is afflicted with this disease. I still come here for direction...a place where there are so many intelligent, knowledgeable people...not only from the standpoint of PD...but, generally, intelligent and knowledgeable people. I want to point out to you, Steve, the messages that you've posted JUST for this thread...how important your thoughts are...how well you articulate those thoughts. I admire your self-sacrificing attitude toward those who love you...that you honor their feelings above your own. I would just want to say to you...your "family", here, would ask that you honor us as well. It just seems, Steve...from what you've said...that your medication regimen is not refined enought for you at this particular stage of the disease...that there must be something that can be done to rectify this. My "gut" tells me that some tweaking of the medications needs some serious thought by your neurologist. I can say this because my pwp's neurologist has done exactly that. It's a process but one which has been well worthwhile in managing Doreen's PD who, by the way, has been diagnosed with PD for 11 years...and, in retrospect, it was probably present a few years before the diagnosis. Thankfully, she has fared well with the process of monitoring her medication regimen...but, it has not been an easy process...and so, I end with the title of this post: "Don't Give Up, Steve".

Virginia Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (03-21-2010)