View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just to clarify

Just wanted to add rather late in the thread...

For the record, I did not intend on equating anyone involved in this incident or anyone elsewhere a Nazi. I started looking at this strictly from a Eugenics and disability standpoint, but it jumps out front and center once you get started. I avoid CNN or any media news because I can't take the sensationalism that passes as news anymore. I had no idea that the term "Nazi" had created such a brouhaha; I just caught wind of the controversial NPR piece on Tea Bag Speak...seems the label of Nazi is a sore point right now. I've always had an uncanny sense of timing I've discovered my ability to stick my foot in my mouth now knows no bounds! Like I said I didn't I didn't mean to offend, but there really are some ideological commonalities that are troubling, especially when we consider that people tend to not always know what they mean to say in the first place...me included.

I am not accustomed to seeing people quite this angry over politics; usually we are a little more tolerant. These days, with all the hateful words flying around and nasty interactions between people, I am actually less fearful of how the government may screw up, and more afraid of the intolerant people I encounter at the shopping mall or in profiles on Facebook.

Here's hoping that we come to some sort of resolution on this issue that is dividing our nation.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (03-21-2010), pkell (03-21-2010)