View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 01:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Nobody can help my baby boy!

My 17 month old son has been seen by just about every doctor in our town, Knoxville, TN, and he has had biopsy's sent to Havard, the Mayo clinic, and other places, he's been to Vanderbilt and nobody can help him or has ever seen anything like it. It all started when he got knots on his head at about 3 months old and doctors kept telling me he'd grow out of it. One came up on his stomache and I took him to the ER and they sent him to surgeon to take one of the knots out of his head and the one on his stomache and biopsy it. They found it was comprised of eosinophilic cells but they didn't know what it was. Then he got what looked liked a spider bite on his hand I took him to his pediatrician and she tried to pop it thinking puss would come out but blood just came out. She didnt know anything and was no help. These rashes have kept coming back they'll be on his hands, wrists, feet, ankles, neck, stomache, thighs, upper arms. Right now it's really bad his left thigh and both upper arms are completely swollen. They cause him a LOT of pain and itch. They start out like a bubble like a spider bite and then they scab over and dry up and then peels off and sometimes leaves his skin discolored. It's really hard to describe what these look like it's undescribably really. I have to keep them wrapped up in gauze and tape but puss or something keeps going through it. I have to change his bandages sometimes twice a day but at least once every day. It henders him from crawling and playing a lot. I feel so helpless my baby is in so much pain and just screams and screams and throws his body at night from where he can't sleep from hurting so much and there's nothing i can give him to help. They gave me a steriod cream to put on it and I give him baby ibeprofin and a liquid steriod. We've tried benadryl and tylanol and liquid steriods and nothing is working. I don't know what else to do I just want to take his pain away or for somebody to help my baby! On top of all that he has RTA ( a kidney disease) and is on 2 medicines for that (PolyCytra and Levocarnitine) and also has asthema. He's been hospitalized for his asthema 4 times already in the last 6 or 7 months. I dont know if all these are related but the doctors have looked at it, but nobody can diagnose him. It just keeps getting worse and worse and everytime he breaks out it gets bigger and more swollen and it just is getting worse. Please help him because I don't know what else I can do...
mskentucky88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote