View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Taste of the Hunt

There were times, now disposed, when the taste of the hunt would arouse the roaring spirit, driving me head-long into the wind sniffing out the treasure that was sure to be my tenacity's prize. Like the sow's passsionate quest to unearth the alluring truffle, my thirst for knowledge was more powerf'ul than the need for sleep and was not thwarted by the hunger-driven stomach. Just another bite of knowledge or a tid bit of understanding before I retired and dreamed of the ultimate find.

My roar has dwindled to a whimper, and my passion's flame would do well to cover the head of a match. How will I again catch the taste of the hunt and be driven by its teasing? I will stoke the ashen embers until they spark to life and fan the flame until it again burns bright. Then I will eat the knowledge that others have gleaned until I salivate for one morsel more. Standing then, I will stretch my sinews back to life and join with others to claim my right to Taste the Hunt until that last puzzle piece is placed.

michael b.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote