View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Addy thank you for your understanding and abundance of Empathy.

As human beings: we follow a general journey of birth, development and death.
Along this journey we meet people, & leave people, we learn, and then forget knowledge.

From a child we are surrounded by other people’s opinions rules, and morals, and as an adolescent and young adult we take on board traits, beliefs, and some opinions from those closest to our development as a child. This could be parents, close relatives, teachers, etc...And we strive to become an individual with a voice and mind of our own.

What we see and hear along this developmental journey is the foundation or the very soul of us as individuals. Some people detach from their past and make a new life for themselves, free of any other persons influence. Others live their life as an extension of their parents, or more sadly as an adult who continues to try to get recognition from their parents or peers.

Life its self is a Roller Coaster, of highs and lows and ups and downs. At times it’s fast and exhilarating, and other times it is slow and anxiously debilitating. How we digest this journey and make sense of it is the greatest of all conundrums that life bestows upon us.

I am the youngest of nine children, and my childhood was confused. My parents were much older compared to my friends parents, and their values and morals were more clear. As a result I was a lonely child, I didn’t go out at night, and I went to bed early, I rarely took friends home because my parents were very strict [and at times judgemental of others]. I left home at sixteen through parental design, rather than personal choice. For many years thereafter I wandered through life less streetwise than people of my age, and extremely sensitive. I made many mistakes, made many wrong choices, and asked many questions of myself and any godly being, that might listen, to show me a sign of the purpose of my being.

As a hobby of mine I love to watch other humans travel their journey of life, I take parts of their experience that aid my journey, and share parts of my life experience that may aid theirs.

I do at times see it as my role to right all wrongs, at other times; I turn off the lights, cover my ears and scream NO MORE. And all the time my life’s journey continues , whether, I’m under the covers or in the thick of it worrying about things that I, as one man will never be able to change.
I often struggle with inequality, nonchalant individuals, and bigotry. Our current fast-forward world of ‘ME. ME.ME’, is a definite bug-bare of mine, and I’m partial to an angry debate about social erosion.

But does it get me anywhere? Probably not, it possible adds to inner confusion and disillusionment that tends to crowd my thinking day. Yet everyday I tell myself I can make a difference. [its more for myself than a direct statement]

Alffe, [I’m still employed, looming cut backs in the near future is the reason for managerial apathy, apparently, and the higher bodies that pay the money for our service, prefer happy endings, to negative ones...if you get my drift....I’m told ....gives me time to look further afield.....maybe Addy is right a change is coming]

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (03-22-2010), Alffe (03-21-2010), barbo (03-27-2010), GAngel (03-21-2010), tamiloo (03-22-2010), thelonely1 (03-23-2010)