View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sandy.

It's been a long time! It can really hard to get on the computer when there is a three year old constantly calling, "mommy!". My husband was only on Avonex for a few months when he was first diagnosed three years ago. It really messed him up psychologically and he ended up in bed most of the weekend from the side effects. Most people live for the weekends where he was getting anxious and starting to dread them mid-week. I think depression would have set in a long time ago if he had of continued on the Avonex. I do think letting his neuro know is important. Sometimes it is difficult to get him to do these things. At times I feel like I'm always on his case about something like making a phone call. I realize this is also do to his memory loss.
Now that he is seeing this counselor I am starting to understand a few things. Not that it is making it any easier but at least I can get it a bit more. Everytime he comes home from a session his homework is to talk to me. He can't even look me in the eyes when he does it.

Well my day is jus beginning and I can hear my son calling me.
Nice to chat again.
Treadingwater is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (03-23-2010), SandyC (03-22-2010), tamiloo (03-22-2010), Twinkletoes (03-22-2010)