View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 11:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new here cindyj

Hi all, I used to stop in at the old forum once in awhile to read.I was so tired of health troubles that I couldn't stand the thought of typing them out.I am 40 and have 2 grown sons and my 1st grandchild on the way in may. My hubby and I are both unable to work due to health. Just to touch a few troubles i have dealt with bladder cancer on and off for 14 years , but have benn clear for 4 years so far this time.I have severe fibromyalgia,herniated lower disc,sciatica and several other related troubles.I was finally diagnosed with bi lteral TOS 2 years ago and have been on a surgery wait list ever since. I just got a phone call today telling me my surgery will be on tuesday jan.30th!! I am really scared right now.I had myself ready for the surgery 2 years ago but ive been waiting so long that it was a shock to get this call today. I am having left side rib taken out and muscle bands cut.I am supposed to be having surgery on my left arm for a shortened tendon on feb.9th.So now I dont know what will happen with that surgery.I have beenhardly able to use my arm for many months and am losing muscle mass.I am hoping that the TOS surgery might help my am problem too,but don't know if it will with my tendon shortened.I know alot of you have had surgery, did it help??I don't even have a clue how long I will be laid up recovering .Dr. Bethune in halifax,nova scotia, canada is doing the surgery.Does anyone have any advice for me ? I am scared!! thanks for listening cindy