View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
After the president signs the bill and a companion bill is passed in the senate the pre-exist clause is over in 3 months. In six months children can stay on their parents policy upto 26 years old. One thing I did hear differently pertaining to the pre-existing condition clause is those folks, including my wife if she fails to acquire her SSDI, will be in a new high risk pool.
Jim -

It's my inderstanding that the bar against excluding children with pre-existing conditions will also take effect six months from either the date the Senate Bill or the date H.R.4872, the Reconciliation Act of 2010, is passed by the Senate and signed into law. (Not sure which, but believe it's the latter.) Which should be just in time for the mid-term elections.

I imagine there will be all sort of poster-children enrolled in that time period leading right up to the mid-terms, so that on the eve of the election, the Democrats can and will remind voters that any vote to repeal the legislation will be a vote to take back health insurance from those kids who will by then have it: a well played move, if I may say so. (Or you have to respect if even if you don't like it.)

Mike

Last edited by fmichael; 03-22-2010 at 09:09 PM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (03-22-2010)