Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default confused

Sam,
It sounds like you are extremely overwhelmed with all the info right now and that is totally understandable. We all go through that when first diagnosed. I can only speak from my own experience but once my eye started drooping it never got any better until I started prednisone. I know there are several people on this forum who have never had any eye involvement at all. You say you aren't having any other symptoms and feel fine. That is great just pay close attention to things that before may not have seemed important but now may be such as tiring easier than before, arms and legs feeling weak or shaky after exertion, or a big one for me was anytime I lifted my arms above my head I noticed how tired my arms had gotten. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but when I was first diagnosed my eye was the only symptom I thought I had and then as I did more research and talked with people here learned that my arms being tired and wearing out easier were MG related. I also continued to get worse for several months while trying to find a medication that worked for me. I hope that will not be the case with you but just keep your eyes open for new symptoms. As for the Dr. wanting to talk to the surgeon before surgery if you have a general that is so he can make sure he is aware of the MG. It can cause some problems with breathing during surgery if you aren't watched closely. Hang in there and welcome to the group. Please keep us posted.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote