View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear DC,
I am so very sorry you are in so much pain. You sound exactly like me about four years ago. I was in so much pain and after the third time to the ER in a month with two admissions I too was treated like a drug addict in the ER by a terrible doctor. The day after treatment I told my workers comp doc and he told me to call the doc in charge of all the ER's in my area for the hospitals. It helped him to recognize how bad the ER doc was and as the EMT was wheeling me into one of the ER rooms I overheard the EMT telling the nurse on duty what my name is and that I had RSD and she said very nastily "Oh, I know all about her." I was in agony for hours there cause the doc thought I was wanting drugs and I was only doing what my own doc told me to do. It was horrible. I was looking at another site for you to research some info on called www.rsds.org. The web page is http://www.rsds.org/4/resources/pdf/...l_protocol.pdf. They have RSD Hospital Guidelines in case you will be admitted. They are very helpful but I could see the staff saying "Yeah right." And never doing anything to help us with RSD. They don't have a clue as to the extent of our pain. I hope this helps you out but know we have all been there. I remember not being able to close my eyes because if I did I felt I would die. I drove my son nuts during that time and he barely slept at night. I did get some ativan for a cast I had on my foot/leg and that stuff really helped with anxiety. I never had a problem with it before then but it really helped me alot. I will keep you in my prayers tonight. Hang in there. We are all here to support you.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CZZ74 (03-27-2010), eevo61 (07-30-2014), Kakimbo (03-24-2010)