View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 05:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Check with the college's health center - often they have a bare bones insurance policy that the kids can purchase that's not too expensive.

However, once you have a family policy, it doesn't cost any add'l $$ to add another child. IMHO, it is far safer to keep your kid covered by health insurance until they get a job and can get their own coverage then risk financial disaster by not having any insurance at all. That feature is one of the few things I agree with in this whole fiasco.

Check out the polls on MSNBC.com and FoxNews.com. Close to 1,000,000 votes tallied so far - and more than 65% of voters on both sites are NOT in favor of Obamacare. Approx 25% are in favor. No one understands what was really passed - how many political favors or "pork" were buried in that bill?

Bummer. I feel like I've been had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
Both my grandson's are planning on going to college. I don't feel like my son-in-law should have to pay for their insurance until they are 26. What responsibility is that teaching them? He is their step-dad and he will do it I am sure and not complain once but it's not right. The way I understand this it's only if they go to college and it is mandated to where they have to carry the insurance, in other words they don't have a choice. So wrong.

Ada
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (03-22-2010)