View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz_erk View Post
I would say, surprisingly often.

A gluten-free diet resolved conditions I thought would be forever undiagnosed and untreated, ...
It's relatively *common* for people who do not/may not have celiac disease to report health improvements from adopting a family member's new gluten-free diet (sorry, lost the source and short on time).
Lz Erk. Amazing how much you have in common with our family member with the same issues. I saw in another post you have sleep disorder, this gluten problem, and hypothalamic dysfunction.

Just like you said, After finding gluten issues in our family, someone else in the family went gluten-free finding it was the source of unexplained hives. Both gluten and cow dairy did a number on one member, in a major way- even minute amounts of cow dairy.

It must affect different people differently - it can cause diarrhea... or constipation... abdominal pain... or not... brain symptoms, or not... look like bipolar, MS, cause depression, or just cause hives and make a person sleep or cause insomnia, or trigger other autoimmune problems, make them need more tryptophan, or even cause an autoimmune osteoporosis.

I like the Gluten File at http://jccglutenfree.googlepages.com/ which has a lot on this topic (great place to start research). And www.ItsNotMental.com talks about how it affected a person's family members (with research links).
Jaspar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote