View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock1 View Post
Here's a new one folks. I have suffered from this miserable condition for 8 years now. The other day I thought I was going to die from the intense crushing/burning we all get. I looked down at my arm and it was oozing blood out of the pores. Freaked me out bad. I rushed to the ER and they were just as freaked as I was. They were clueless. It took massive amounts of IV pain meds to get it under control. It was a real mess.

My pm doctor sent me to a dermatologist and he confirmed that it was "hematidrosis", a condition when pain and anxiety collide and cause the small capillaries around your sweat glands to burst, mix with the sweat and exit your body thus causing a bloody mess. It left severe bruising for days, weeks after.

Has anyone else had this happen? Now that I know what it is, I won't be so freaked out next time (if) it happens. Kinda scary.
Hi Jetjock1, WOW...never heard of that one. I have acquired some type of blood blisters that have opened and drained but that was usually following a form of repetative injury. Are you taking anything for anxiety? I have learned that treating my anxiety has actually decreased my pain, something you may need to address with your doctor. That must have been horrifying in itself. I hope your pain and anxiety are better under control. I also use meditation, reading, visualization techniques to control anxiety and pain. I do hope this is not another symptom of this little critter (RSD). Sorry for your pain and will pray this does not happen to you again in the future.

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-05-2016), loretta (05-21-2010)