View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mo,

I am sorry your tooth is fractured and your having to deal with this. It has been almost two weeks since my front tooth was extracted. I was so nervous about having my tooth extracted. Like you I am fairly young, so I understand how you feel.

The flipper that I got looks very natural. No one can tell I am wearing a flipper. The first few days wearing it was uncomfortable and hurt a little only because it was too tight and because the gum was healing. But my dentist adjusted the flipper and as the gum heals the more comfortable it feels.

I personally can't eat with it. It is uncomfortable for me. My bottom teeth hit the plastic part that is on the roof of my mouth and makes it hard to chew. But my dentist said you can eat with them. He said it takes some getting used to. So I am hoping over time I can eat with it in. I can drink liquids of course fine with it in and even eat like yogurt or applesauce, but I have not mastered chewing with it in my mouth.

I do not have a lisp with my flipper at all. I sound completely normal.

Seeing myself without a front tooth for the first time was hard, but I actually got over it pretty fast. I am just happy that the tooth is not causing me pain anymore.

I was devastated when I learned I had to have my tooth extracted too. I almost cried in the dentist chair the day I got the flipper made. And the day before the extraction actually thought about canceling the appointment. But I didn't. I know it is hard, but looking back on it I am glad I went though with it. I don't have to worry about it anymore. I am not in pain anymore. Plus even the extraction itself wasn't that bad.

Are you getting a dental implant? I am getting a dental implant in a few months.

Hopefully I was of some help. Bryanna on this site is really awesome. She always has wonderful info and has helped me a lot when I have posted.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on how everything goes.
Alex123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote