View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surgery on Tuesday and Scared!!

Hi I'm cindy from canada.I have been waiting 2 years for surgery and I just got the call today to have my surgery on tuesday!!!I have had alot of different surgeries but this time I am scared!! I am also scared that the pain medication after surgery is not going to help enough with my pain because I have been on pain meds so long.I have been on many different pain meds over the years.2 years ago i was put on slow release morphine.I take it every twelve hours and have regular morphine for break through pain.I had bowel surgery 2 years ago and had a really rough time because of my tolerance to pain meds. They gave me all that they could and it just wasnt enough so I am very scared .I also have severe fibromyalgia so that just makes the pain worse. I am having left side rib removed and muscle bands cut.I have been having really bad heart palpitations lately that take my breath away for several seconds.I don't know if it is safe for me to be put to sleep with this .Does anyone have any advice or information to help me stop feeling so scared.Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
cindyj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote