View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 12:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Problems with sweet brown rice/flour?

About a month ago, I bought a bunch of sweet brown rice from a bulk bin at our local health food store. I ground it into flour using a VitaMix. It gave my pancakes such a nice texture when mixed with regular brown rice flour, and I really liked the taste. I've been using it pretty regularly since I bought it.

However, I'm going through a really bad spell right now with lots of fatigue, pain in my upper center to upper right side of my stomach area below my ribs, and other digestive pain and problems. I've also started to break out with some eczema patches. To me, it feels like I injested gluten because the symptoms are pretty severe.

I've eliminated this now from my diet, as well as other things that might be a problem (coconut milk, gluten free bread w/xanthan gum, etc.) to allow my system to heal. I figure that once I feel better, I'll try to add a few things back to my diet one at a time to see what the culprit was. If it seems like anyone else has had problems with this type of flour, I will probably wait to add it back after other food that might be easier to digest.

I would definitely appreciate any input you might have on this
Jenny
jennyj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote