Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Susan.

Can I be really difficult and ask if you can not type in capital letters if possible? Sorry -it's just I have a real problem with blurry vision and can't read a whole email in capitals - I just had to get one of my flat mates to read it to me. Thanks!

Meds - I am no longer on clonidine - but I used to take that for the hypersensitivity. I agree with Artist - (she knows this stuff!) that morphine does cause a wind up mechanism in your brain which leads to you being more over sensitive. HOWEVER - if the morphine has been prescribed then it is worth starting it and discovering if it helps. Is your pain "only" the sensitivity or is it other pain? (I have sensitivity but also have severe pain pain). If you also have non/ sensitvity pain then giving the morphine a go might be an idea. I think that most of us on this forum have take it for a while - in the past I have taken MST (280mg)/ Oxycontin/ oramorph (up to 10mg 2hourly)/ methadone/ fentanyl (125mg) / etc etc... also anti eplieptics etc.

There is a new med on the market which some people have had great success with called Prialt.

However - it might be that it is worth working on the desensitisation with a therapist to try and reduce the sensitivity. So which part is most sensitive? if you wear a sheet doesn't it hurt when the sheet brushes against you? (shudder)???

I now take ketamine (oral), Dihydrocodeine (sort of v strong vicodin I think), Diazipam (Valium), Baclofen (a muscle relaxant), triphenidryl (another muscle relaxant), paracetemol, domperidone and diclofenac.

with meds it is really experimenting with your dr to discover what works, in what doses and in what circumstances.

Also --> can you not wear shorts and a vest (tank??) top? it might be more comfortable and help you to stay warmer - also if you wear a hat that stops you from losing so much body heat.

So can you walk around and do stuff?

take care

Rosie xxxxxxx