View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Leesa, thank you for the kind words. I was in the group that went to sunny south east asia in the early days (American Expeditionary Forces Ribbon) and was called "baby killer" by some of the people when I returned to the USA. As late as the 1970s we were quietly told we might want to go straight home and put on our "civvies" before we went to the mall. Avoid confrontation and all. I am glad to see the American people treating the current group in the military a lot better. I did not think about it back then, but it really is true when they say without Veterans we would be speaking German or Russian or Chinese. I had 4 enlisted and 16 as an officer, so I saw both sides of the road. I am pretty lucky overall.

Brokenfriend, that is a good name for it. Comedy relief.

I was at a major, national hospital and they sent me to see their resident shrink. I had about an hour with her. Around the third or fourth question she asked me was if I had ever killed anyone. THAT was none of her business (so I felt) and I told her something like "Not today" or "Not in this state". A flip answer, but what kind of shrink asks you that right off the bat? I also thought things like, "Wanna get on the list?" "Got a bounty on shrinks in this state?" and so on. I kept my mouth shut. I felt like I had been ambushed. But she listed me as OCD. Maybe I am.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (03-23-2010)