View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Social Security Disability

I've just recently applied for disability myself, after being fired or near fired from several jobs over the last few years.. Finding that no one wants to work with me and that work has become near impossible with the memory loss and concentration blocks I have after brain surgery due to a tumor and seizure disorder.
What I'm wondering is if it's really worth it? Doesn't sound like a lot of people actually get approved. I've got all these people (including employers) telling me I should be on disability, but it seems like when you really need it you can't get it, right?
I'm hearing stories about being disqualified because you may still be able to do work you used to do (like 10 years ago or more?) How is that considered acceptable when the work you did eons ago was minimum wage with no benefits and not at all comparable to the work you've been doing recently or within the last few years? You can't earn a living on that.. Not that disability pays much, but do you see my point?