View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused HI ! I'm new here

I have had a heck of a time the last few years: my mother passed away 4 years ago at which time I found myself addicted to Valium (here dear, just take this Ativan it will help with the stress. Ativan to Clonazepam and then to Valium). I have been tapering off the drug ever so slowly since then and am now down to 1 mg, three times a day--tapering at .25 mgs every two weeks. I cannot take any supplements of any kind, hence another problem. For the last few years I have had endless dental problems, so I finally gave up on the expense of endless root canals and subsequent failures and a month ago had all the top teeth removed. A dry socket, and mulit infections resulted: antibiotics didn't work/made me sick. I was in sooo much pain ---salt watered myself until the infection finally left for the most part. I got my new top plate on Monday and I hate it !! I have a "hanging thingy" where the big buck teeth were and it hurts like the devil when I put the plate in. The whole things feels so awful ---I gag, cannot eat anything at all, and the thing is so solid ---I'm afraid it will break the teeth on the bottom. I only wore it 4 hours yesterday and managed 5 today. I am going to see the denturist tomorrow but not sure what he can do. The thing moves when I bite down and as mentioned I gag just thinking i have it in. I guess maybe I should ask about an implant denture....again, I cannot do any drugs (even the novacaine cannot have epephendreine in it) and even Tylenol 3 caused my tapering problems. I would be most appreciateive of any help !! I think I can handle my tapering if I didn;t have the teeth problms and vice versa. This is no fun !!
prairiegrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-24-2010), tamiloo (03-24-2010)