View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by podcast View Post
hi everybody

i'm 20 and i had a concussion 5 weeks ago. i was dizzy a bit for 1-2 days after incident. thereafter, i was totally recovered and everything was okay.

Strangely, i started to have headaches and feel dizzy 2 weeks after my concussion. now, i am still suffering from headaches (not constant, once in a while). Meanwhile i have consulted a neurologist, she prescribed me citoles and thomaphyrin. Additionally my CT scan and blood test are okay.

i wonder that, can i recover from these headaches fully and can i regain my thinking skill. If yes how long does it take?

finally, should i use citoles?

thanks in advance.
I am not a medical professional so I can only share my thoughts based on our experiences. My daughter suffers with headaches as a result of a concussion. I have learned from asking numerous doctors, that they just can't answer how long it will take. Most concussions resolve in a matter of months. However, each concussion is unique and healing times vary. It is possible that your headaches could resolve any day now or it may take awhile. Based on our experience, I would suggest starting a headache journal to see if you can find triggers for your headaches so you can avoid them. Headaches aggravate PCS symptoms. Your brain needs to rest and heal from the concussion and headaches certainly interfere with the rest. I would suggest stopping any activitiy immediately that causes a headache or when a headache is present. Don't try to push thru the headache as it may only get worse and take longer to recover. Rest in a dark quite room until the headache passes. I do believe that you will regain your thinking skill. In additon to the injury itself, it is hard to think clearly when you have frequent headaches and headaches are also exhausting. Rest and try to avoid headaches at all cost. I have found the Brain Injury Association of Amercia to be a phenomenal resource and highly recommend this organization. Hang in there and know it will get better in time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tralee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote