View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 02:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Idid have surgery in Canada

I had my surgery with Dr. Nelems in Kelowna. He is considerd one of the foremost experts on TOS in Canada. I had both sides done two days apart.
I remember waking up in recovery after the first surgery in intense pain. By the time I got to my room though the pain was under control.
After the second surgery the pain was under control right from the beginning.
They continued my pre-op pain meds orally, in addition to the morphine through-out my hospital stay.
After the surgery I felt wonderful. I felt truly pain free for the first time in over a year. Once I got out of the hospital, the pain was definitley present, but I am mostly able to control it with my oral meds.
I have started PT this week. I am three months post-op, and I will return to seeing my chiropractor in February.
All in all, I am very glad I had the surgery. So far, I have a marked decrease in the numbness and tingling in my hands. I feel better over all, I do have a lot of burning pain, but Dr. Nelems thinks that is normal. He keeps reminding me that it can take up to two years to recover from this surgery. Even if I only see a small amount of change from where I am today I will consider my surgery a great success.
Tracy
trix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote