View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My TBI/PCS situation (semi-long read)

Hello all,

I found this forum through a google search re: PCS (yay google, right?). My situation may not be as serious as some of the other threads I read through but I could really use some words of wisdom/hope as of late.

Anyway here is my situation. I suffered very mild TBI on 12/20/09.

I felt immediately dizzy. There was no loss of consciousness in this case and I seemed to recover from the dizziness within two or three minutes. However I began to suffer from (what I didn't know at the time) PCS. When I would lay on my back for a few minutes, the dizziness would return. I chalked it up to feeling tired or worn out.

Then about three weeks later, I took an approx. 8 foot fall, hitting my head on concrete.

Again, I felt immediately dizzy and nauseous. Still no loss of consciousness. This time, however, the dizziness didn't subside. After finishing the match I stumbled around back stage for 10 minutes or so, trying to re-orient myself. The promoter noticed the condition I was in and called his gf over (shes a very nice RN) to take a look at me.

Upon inspection, she advised me to go home, stay up for a few hours then try to get some sleep, though to be woken every few hours. She added if I began to vomit I would need to go to the ER and get checked out.

Low and behold, a few seconds after she said this, I leaned over and began to vomit (fun ). My wife took me to the ER where I had a CT scan done. The scan came up negative for any bleeding, tumors, swelling, etc. They gave me antivert and sent me home.

It has been about three months now, and I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Training, weights, cardio, etc. I do really well with the weights and cardio, however, I still get dizzy spells when trying to train in-ring. The dizzy spells are usually very mild and go away within a few minutes.

I am concerned that I will not be able to return to doing the thing I love to do. I have wanted to wrestle professionally for quite some time now. My short career was really beginning to pick up steam when I suffered this set-back. I am really just looking for advice/words of hope in this case. I don't know what I would do with myself if I had to give up entertaining. Wrestling has been my dream and my main driving goal for far too long.

There is an open tryout for WWE coming up in June. I really want to be able to participate. Is this out of the question?

Please forgive my sob story. I know there are individuals out there who suffer from PCS FAR, FAR worse than myself and I don't mean to be "that guy" who scraped his knee and cries about it. Thank you for reading (if you made it this far) and I will be very appreciative of any advice anyone can offer.
Wrestleguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (03-24-2010)