Thread: Mayo-naise
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Day 1

One day in at Mayo and all I have to show is that I have PD tremors and non-PD tremors, it's might not be PD, probably not PD Plus, and the Dr agrees PD should be PS, or Parkinson's syndrome. Tell me something I don't already know.

I mentioned the dopamine agonist question to the MDS at Mayo and he said that it is true they rarely prescribe them. They have had to many tragedies with gambling and sex addictions.

It's not that I think agonists should not be a treatment option, I just think a patient taking them should be closely monitored in the beginning. For me, taking requip was like stepping into a psychedelic movie. I phrased things differently, the sun light sparkled more intensely, my personality was different... it may have been tolerable (even fun) if I didn't have to work. I also think that doctors should be more clear when saying it "might be neuro-protective" because the patient rarely hears the "might" part. It's misleading. I've watched more than one person taking agonists make choices that have devastating repercussions. Then again, I've seen people do that after a couple of beers.
rd42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote