View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi prairiegirl,

I assume that you had your teeth extracted and wore nothing until 3 days ago? If so, may I ask what the reason was for not wearing a denture immediately after the extractions?

Bryanna
That is the way it was set up with my dentist and the denturist. Mine are "custom" ---an impression was taken of my "old" teeth and the plate made from that. I do have to say that they look very good/realistic/like me. The idea was to heal for two weeks or more rather than "instant" same day dentures.

I went today to see the denturist and he did fix the denture a lot ---much more comfy to wear but I still cannot eat anything more than mush. I guess that will come in time??? I was quoted $15 K for a 4 implant setup and plate in the fall should I wish to do that. He said I would love that --no gagging etc. But also said there is no guarantee with implants --I have to wait until the fall (6 months) until the gums are shrunk etc. so I have time to think about that. It's amazing they can charge that kind of $$ and not offer any kind of guarantee. Even my endodontist gave me back 1/2 of my $$ from my failed root canals !! I guess I just have to be patient (not one of my great strengths according to my husband !! LOL
prairiegrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote