Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyjoseph View Post
hey muddy, ive had pcs for two years, and i know what youve been going thru and its a living hell. i was always the loud funny person, up until this **** happened. but at about 25 months into it my symtoms just started to fade, im doing much better now and im totatlly myself again. i still have problems with dizziness and that weird pcs haze on rare occasion, but compared to what it was before, im doing fine.

Things that help you get through it - Distractions, no joke- any kind, friends, girlfreinds, hobbies, working out, stay busy as you can, you can totally lift yourself out of the hazy depression pcs throws at you by staying busy.

How to get better- Generally doctors will say "wait" itll go away in time. this may be true, but theres actions you can take. this is how much i recommend them in order.
1. -EEG training/LENS, very new technology your doctor might not know
2. -Chiropractor of the neck, cervical chiropractor
3. -Optomologist, which is an eye/brain type doctor
4. -Acupuncture, not as far fetched as you may think
5. -Neurologist medications, i personally dont like this one

i have heard many stories of people recovering comletely from each of these treatments. the thing about pcs is that its not fully understood so doctors often dont know what to tell you. But ive researched and talked to people and i KNOW many people who have gotten better as a result of these. and for others like me, its just a matter of time.

Stay strong. You have PCS, PCS does not have you. feel free to email me if you have any questions.
TroyJoseph, My man I appreciate it so much.......No one ever wants to admit they are struggling or losing their grip, but at some point you have to ya know.......I need to hear stories and insight on people who have had this or have this S***, because it helps...it really does.

You can workout now then you say bro? At how many months in could you?......Man, I gotta lift n workout haha.....Im losin it. I did light light weightlifting for a while on the amitriptyline and felt ok....(then I tried upping the weight and felt like a hot bag of garbage again)or which I didnt know what was right anymore since I felt so bad before......I recently read the U of Buffalo Sports and Medicine Concussion Clinic studies and website, which is regulated exercise, which would be cardio on a stationary bike, and it regulates the cerebral blood flow back so it says, since you brains oxygen and bloodflow is wacked from the blows to the head.

I spoke with one of the dr's and I'm debating on going to Buffalo over the summer for 3 months of their treatment. I read that many athletes have gone there and have returned to their sports(which I know Im done with rugby or contact sports) or feeling them selves again.......

Another question if you don't mind haha......what do think about drinking? I can drink sometimes and feel good after getting through 3 or 4 beers......or sometimes I feel like hell, slowed down, hazy like you have experienced....and I never had been a pot user, but have heard good things.....I appreciate the post back bro.......Hope all is well and take care
muddyriverrugby11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote