View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel the Burn View Post
Back in sept of 09,, I had started to apply for SSD, and even went so far as getting Binder and Binder to represent me, during the following months I received a lot of paperwork from SS, questionarres and such,, and my doctors received there paperwork as well,, I felt good enough to go back to work and worked up till Xmas eve of 09,, and am still off work on STD,,
Now I got a call well over two months ago from Binder and Binder asking me what exactly was my last day of work,, and I told him and he said we need to readjust your last day of work and I should expect to hear nothing from SS at least till May or June,, which I tottaly expected anyway, So last Saturday I went to the Post Office and there was a letter from SS saying I was awarded benefits,, first I was glad and suprised..in hte letter it said I was getting back pay for Feb of 10,, and would receive a monthly benefits,,
My problem is,, the dates just dont make sense,, approved in three months?.. backpay to only Feb,, so I called Binder and Binder,, they first said Congrats, but wehn I questioned the timing and dates,, since I havent been off work for at least 5months,, they said we will get back to you,, I call every day at least three times but they never get back to me
I was told to not contact SS,,and when they deposit my money this week,, i will set it aside,, if I am not eligable for this benefit,, I dont want to harm my chances of staying on it,, even if it means being off it till i am eligable,, I dontknow what to do about my employment,, I am making co pays for my health insurance at the present time,,they belive I will eventually come back to work,, but I cant,, so I need guidance from some of the good SS people on here as to what I need to do,, its a struggle, my kitchen table is covered with papers,, SS papers,, Std PAPERS,, LTD papers,, its a mess,, and everyt day the paperwork just seems to get bigger andnot smaller,, thank you for reading my story
What is the effective date on the contract with B&B? It seems to me that you did all the work. If you had to fill out all the forms why are they now saying not to get in touch with SS.
Some people have been mixed up in the system. So be careful your not under another persons name or SS#. Social Security makes mistakes, (did I spill the beans).
First I would read over this contract with B&B. Was there any clauses about time being of essence? Get back to me when you can.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote