View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 04:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi CindyJ,
My worst pain was when they woke me up in the operating room or post op and made me tell them I was in pain. At least that's the way I remember it. I seem to recall them saying my name and asking where it hurts. I thought I told them my side. Anyway after that I think they hooked me up with morphine.
After that it was off to recovery where I'd get morphine every 4 hours along with percocets. They also put some other pain med in my IV every six hours.
I really had minimal pain in the hospital.
The worst pain after that was the first two or three days after I was dischaged.
Prior to surgery I thought I'd just be real sore for a few days after surgery.
My surgeon clearly told me I was mistaken and to take up my Mom and Step Dad's offer of taking care of me at their house.
I'm so glad I did! Even with the percs and vics I still needed help to get in and out of bed. If I did it on my own I'd need to stop for minutes to catch my breath because I could only take little rapid breaths. Deep breathing was terribley painful.
Today is my three month anniversary post surgery and I can honestly say I'm still quite sore from the surgery.
At this point I wouldn't say I regret getting the surgery but I wish I knew then what I know now.
I'm still trying to be optimistic.
Good Luck!
gbsb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote