View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here, tired of being in pain!

My name is Jessica and I am 27 years old. I am married with 3 children and work as a 911 EMT, and am currently finishing school for Paramedic. I was diagnosed in Jan '10 with RSD, after having knee surgery in '07 and then having knee trauma in '09. I have been going through sympathetic nerve blocks for almost 4 months with initial great relief immediately after the injections. The last for a few hours to a few weeks. I had an injection done yesterday, #5, and it lasted for the remainder of last night but now I am having severe lower back pain and my leg is back to being on fire. I don't know how much more I can take tonight. My leg feels absolutely swollen, but is only moderately. I have tried ibuprofen and heat as well as ice. I'm losing it quickly tonight...it hurts to sit, it hurts to stand. My dr suggested yesterday a scs and he thinks I will have good results from it. They did give me some info on it but I want to hear what other people have gone through, pros cons everything in between. I don't know how much more I can take. We have tried other things such as physical therapy, external electrical stim, heat, cold, ect....HELP PLEASE!!!
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote