View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys View Post
The neurologist my daughter (15 years old and a good size adult weight) saw recommended amitriptyline starting at 10 mg and moving to 20 mg after a week. We tried if for a few of days but it made her fatigue worse. Since the sleep/fatigue issues are worse than the headaches, we switched her back to trazodone she was one.

Supplement wise, she recommended the following for headaches:

B2 (riboflavin) – 200 mg x2 daily
CoQ10 – 25-75mg x2 daily
Feverfew (don't have s specific dose on this one)
Migrelief – 1 tablet x2 daily - Migrelief is a combo of B2, Magnesuim and feverfew
Avoid - caffine - though if you don't usually use caffine - it can help with a bad headache
thanks nancy I saw my nuero psychologist a couple of weeks ago, got a letter from him to my pc doctor,I will see him soon, I have to wait awhile to get appointment with him, don,t mind waiting to see him as he is a good doctor hope he will prescribe some meds then for me to try, been 2years plus I have had a head ache . can remember what its like to not have one

bless bless x
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote