View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh, thank you so much to all of you for your kind words. They bring comfort and solace to me on a very dreary, rough day.

Believe it or not, I HAD heard of MG! When I heard those words, my memory bank pulled up Aristotle Onassis, as I remembered his diagnosis MANY years ago! But, truly, that was the extent of it...I just knew that it involved muscle weakness. Oh, how I have learned so much more. I have two older siblings, one of whom is a retired physician--he had to really think back to his med school days at UNC, along with a lot of research, in order to be up to speed in our talks with the medical teams. I must say all the physicians involved here were wonderful and I feel like she received excellent care. However, the doctors here had never diagnosed anyone my mother's age and there were so many variables involved, as you well know...kidneys, heart being the major ones, simply because of her age.

Are any of you involved with the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America? Just wondering as I start to think about ways to turn this into something of benefit to the MG community.

It is so good to know that I have a "family" here and I so appreciate you welcoming me.
pickingupthepieces is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote