View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Rach, Jana and Shari, thank you SO much for your kind words. It is so nice to know that I have a place here and I appreciate you welcoming me. Your words bring comfort and solace on a dreary, rough day.

Believe it or not, I HAD heard of MG! When I first heard those words uttered, I reached back in my memory bank and remembered Aristotle Onassis from YEARS ago being diagnosed with MG. The extent of my knowledge was very limited...I only knew that it involved muscle weakness. I had never heard of acetylcholine or Mestinon and was only vaguely familiar with the neuromuscular junction. One of my 2 older siblings is a retired physician and recalled only a cursory study from his days spent at med school at UNC. We both did quite a bit of research to be prepared to ask intelligent questions in our meeting with the medical teams. I have to say that her doctors were wonderful and she received excellent care.

Are any of you involved with the MG Foundation of America? I was just wondering as I am beginning to find ways to turn this into something of benefit. My parents left a wonderful legacy centered on God, family and love and I would like to continue that in a positive way to help others traumatized by this devestating disease.

Thank you again for caring...and thank you for your prayers. We could not have gotten through any of this without the prayers of His people. They mean so much and carry me through. In fact, as I read the posts here, I pray for each person as they go through their day. Hugs and love to you!
pickingupthepieces is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote