View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 04:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mere, it is really hard "not knowing". And, I understand how discouraged you must be today.

I had had the full battery of Autonomic Testing the end of 2008: Tilt Table, Transcranial Doppler, QSART, Heart-rate-response to deep breathing, and Valsalva maneuver. The results were on a scale of 1-10, I scored a 6 for Autonomic Dysfunction. 6 is still in the moderate dysfunction range, 7 is severe.

I really hoped that after 4 years of waiting for an answer to the SFN, that was the answer. I'm sorry to say it was not. It only proved that the autonomic nerves, as well as the small fiber nerves are affected. The one good thing that came out of it was that I finally understood why I was having such a difficult time functioning - both physically and mentally. Sometimes just knowing relieves a lot of anxiety.

Here is a link to the info I downloaded from the American Acadamy of Neurology about their new (Dec 2008) Practice Parameter for Autonomic Testing, as it relates to neuropathy. You might find some useful information there.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...ZTUzM2Nl&hl=en

cyclelops, I sure appreciate your sense of humor, positive outlook and amazing energy - making soap? - how do you do it? I just spent about a half hour trying to cook for a change, and it near wore me out.

Mere, I love your avatar. I have five (count them, five) cats. They just seem to find me, and I can't turn them away. Would you believe there is actually a board game called "The Crazy Cat Lady Game". My sister got it for my last birthday .

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote