Thread: Social Security
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momlovetobake View Post
I just got a denial notice from SS. They said that based on my age my education and exerience i can perform light duty. light duty meaning lifting of 20 pounds( i can't do that)walking and standing. Which i can't do in a eight hour day. I mean waht does it take to show these people that what im saying is real?? They claiim that medical evidence shows that i just hve pain and stiffness. With the amount of notes my dr has on my case this is what they believe?? I feel like they are looking at me as if i am a liar. So I called my attorney and we are going to schdule a hearing. Did anyone ever have this problem??
I got the same denial letter 3 times. When i started applying i was 20... and had stopped going to school because of the rsd. was told because of my age and because i'm not blind. It took me going infront of the judge to be granted ssd/ssi. I got it 3 years after i started the process. But they did give me back pay for the 3 years, from my original injury date that set off the rsd. hang in there, its a rough battle... but you can do it!
Kakimbo (03-26-2010), Momlovetobake (03-26-2010)