View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
First, let me say that "When in doubt, go to the ER."

The thing is YOU can't know. Only the doctors can say for certain. Although now that I've had one, I do know what it's all about and what the warning signs are.

The fact is that you have gotten much worse in a short amount of time. That alone should send you to the ER. You do not want to mess with this. MG can get rapidly worse and there is no way to predict that.

And, if I were you, I'd have a discussion with your neuro at some point about why the huge fluctuations in dose amounts. A steady dose is often better. I only have permission from my neuro to go up 10 mg. when I go out and run errands. The MG experts I've spoken to say increasing the dose amount slowly and keeping it basically the same is best. Then increasing the time between doses would be next, like every three instead of every four hours.

DO NOT make changes without talking to your doctor!!!

What do you mean by "hurts?" Are your muscles cramping? Spasming? If they are, that means they are probably weaker. Right before my crisis, my entire "trunk" went into spasm.

You can't know if it's too much Mestinon or not enough or something else like thyroid, electrolytes being off or what. You have to go in. Please do so!!!

I hope you will be okay.

Annie
My neuro wanted me to take 60mg in the morning, 90 mgs 4 hours later, 60mg 4 hours later and to end with 90 mgs.

He wanted me to see how and when I felt the best. I have been on this dosage schedule for the past month....I see my both my neuro and Opthamologist once a month.

It is like a cramping feeling. You know that charlie horse feeling you get in your legs or feet when your legs cramp up? That is the feeling in my rib cage...

And when I go to the ER, what do I say? Yes...I know this sound totally stupid...but I do go up to triage and explain that I have MG and think I may be in crisis?
Kasper1014 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote