View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

What you say is that you have MG, your muscles are weaker and you're concerned about being near a crisis. That's it. Let them take it from there. They often do a clinical exam first. They will check your oxygen saturation, which does not crash until late in the game. They can do an arterial blood gas and/or breathing tests. The O2 they should check while you move around, not while you are sitting on a gurney. They'll monitor your BP too.

I'm not a doctor but I completely disagree with your doc about the dose schedule. You're putting your body through a roller coaster ride. It's possible that the 90 mg. dose is overdosing you. So whether it's to much or too little Mestinon, only the docs can figure it out for sure.

Just go in, okay? You have to. When muscles cramp like that they are weaker. Don't mess with it. When my muscles do that, it's a huge warning sign to me to back off of activity and rest.

You do not want to rest and see how it goes. Really, you have to go in!!!!

Annie

Can you imagine a doctor giving you alternate doses of any other meds? Seriously, kind of ticks me off the more I think about it. Yeah, maybe some docs do it but then how can you know for sure which dose makes you worse or better? Why not suggest a slight increase of 15 mg. across the board? With Mestinon syrup, what I take, you can slowly increase or decrease doses by smaller increments.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote