View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I went to http://www.securedenture.com/
and it was free shipping for 3 tubes,
but its now $7.97 each.
I have been thinking of trying this adhesive out.
I have been wearing partial upper & lower dentures for about a year.They have had 4 teeth added to them 2 times after the initial set was made.
They have no metal in them and are a bit flexible and mold to my mouth after I put them in in the a.m. They are a bit tight when I first put them in, but feel comfortable after a few minutes when they warm to body temp. It helps to rinse them in warm water after soaking & brushing them.
My biggest complaint is that food always gets trapped in them when eating. It is terribly irritating to have food particles under my partials. Sometimes they try to slip out if I eat something sticky or doughy.
I haven't been using a denture cream.... since I bought a tube of Fixodent & tried it for about a week.
I hate the glop on my gums & palette, and difficulty cleaning them off
(I do use a denture brush and a Polident 5 min soak in hot water).

I don't want to have to carry a tube of denture bond with me all the time when I go to restaurants (frequently). Its bad enough that I have to excuse myself after a meal and go to the men's room to rinse them, but having to re-apply a bonding cream in a public restroom is not what I prefer to do.
Its cumbersome and embarrassing !
Will this 'Secure' help keep the food from getting trapped under the dentures?
Can anyone give me a recommendation?

Last edited by nide44; 03-26-2010 at 10:45 AM.
nide44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote