View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

That's one of the reasons I hate Flash sometimes.

Other reason for hating Flash is my iPod Touch cant use Flash (stupid Apple wont let it!) so I cant use my Touch to listen to internet radio thru it's wifi connection. Frustrating!

When I have a lot of digital pictures that I want to save, I tend to make copies on disc a lot. I also have several computers, so I copy the pictures to just about all my computers and also to my parent's computers too. (with permission, so I dont use up their hard drives)

About four years ago, after my dog died, one day I suddenly decided to make copies of all the photographs that I had of him on my laptop. I dont know what made me do it, but I made like 6 copies of the disk.

Two or three days later, that laptop's hard drive crashed hard. Chewed itself up. You could hear the hard drive making crunching sounds. I've only heard that one other time when my old Tivo dvd burner's hard drive crashed. (after it's warranty expired)

How glad am I that I made that disk? Tons! A lot of the pictures on that computer were not copied to other computers, and I'd have lost them if I hadnt made those copies when I did. I miss my dog, and I'd have been totally heartbroken if I'd lost those photographs.

I lucked out on the hard drive replacement too...Computer crashed while I still had about a month or a month and a half left of warranty on the computer. I was able to ship the computer off and get a new hard drive and get the backlight in the monitor replaced AND got a new battery for it! (Yay!)

Someone apparently set the computer crash clock wrong, because usually my computers will crash about a month or two AFTER the warranty expires.

Now I think I have to go get my scanner out, and get all the actual film pictures of my dog (we got him a few years before digital cameras became affordable) and start scanning those pictures to my computer and put them on disk too. I also need to take Tiny's digital pictures and get prints made. (I'm putting pictures up on my walls after I get my room painted next month)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote