View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
You need to realize that with each concussion it caused more damage.

I personally have had more than a couple of concussions over the
years. Its easy to see now how long it takes to recover.

Donna
I understand time and patience are key to pushing through PCS, and I've never been the guy who wanted pity, showed weakness, nor wanted anyone to feel sorry for me, but it's very difficult while in college to watch all your buddies participate in the sports and training you have done your whole life, and drinking booze, as you know you can not anymore......Environment plays a huge role. What do any of you think of sleeping pills?

And I've been off my meds for about 2 weeks now, do you think I should stay off meds??? The Amitriptyline I was on was 100 mg tablets, which made me in a haze when I'd wake up and through out the day, then they switched me to Gabapentin, which I took for about a month, but I was dizzy and had nausea all day. So I talked to my neurologist and he said to stop taking them and they had another medicine in mind, but I do not want to take anymore medication, I feel better as in less dizzyness and nausea off of the meds.

What do you feel would be my best bet for the treatments all of you had posted?

Also, does drinking alcohol prolong symptoms and the PCS saga? One neurologist from the U of Iowa said he doesn't feel as if it should make things prolong PCS any longer.......but it just doesn't make sense to me.

For a while, Chewing Tobacco seemed to have no effect on my symptoms, but lately it seems as if it does have effect. I've read Nicotine slows blood flow to the brain.......which could be the reason for this. Anyone's thoughts?

I want to let you guys know that it's really good to talk to good people who genuinely care about others symptoms/problems, and know what each other are going through. I'm glad I'm reaching out and expressing questions and feelings on this **** **** PCS!

Thanks again for you opinions and comments! I really appreciate them! SQUAD UP MUDDY!!
muddyriverrugby11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote