View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too am really small, less than 100 lbs, gotta love an incredibly stubborn metabolism...NOT! Most pain meds knock me out cold! I have tried the gabapentin in several doses but it still makes me incredibly too tired. I have had 5 injections since January '10, get a pretty good amout of relief but it NEVER lasts! My pain is better than it was the other night, asked hubby the other night to amputate my leg. Probably the worst it has been in a long time. My dr and I have discussed the SCS on several occasions but he has completely left it up to me wether I want to go through it or not. He has given me informative DVD's and told me to call him with any questions and that if I wanted to talk to someone who has had it done to let him know and he could have a patient call me to talk to me about it. He asked that when I call him this week for my weekly check in that I let him know what my thoughts are on the trial and then possibly getting the implant done, just because of having to get it authorized by my insurance. My job requires me to be VERY functional so medications are not at all the answer for me since most of them make me "loopy" and I can't function the way I need to. Peoples lives are literally in my hands everyday. I know I will probably have to take several weeks off from work I love my job but it might be a little slow down that I need. Is there a specific place where I can see all the pros and cons listed? I haven't had an incredible amount of time to research this, been in the hospital over the last few days with a heart problem. I am young and haven't been diagnosed long, although have been in pain for several years, and then hubby doesn't really get involved I just get "whatever you want to do I will support you". It's extremely hard and frustrating when they have no idea how much pain you are really in and how to help. I hide pain pretty well and am not one to complain unless I'm seriously hurting. Any info or links or anything else anyone can offer, personal stories...ect....PLEASE send me anything! Thanks in advance!

Jessica
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote