View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Checking in to see how everyone is doing

Hi all,

I wanted to stop in and see what is going on with everyone. I'm now 9 wks out from the surgery to have the pain pump implanted. I'm doing great. I'm back to doing all I did before surgery but with less pain. My back where the pump was placed is still tender, but I expect that to last for a while more. After all, my poor back has gone thru one scs trial, 1 implant, 1 removal, one more scs implant, one more removal, then the pain pump trial (which was the easiest), then the perm implant of the pump. It's been a long road, but I see that it is starting to be easier to do things. I'm better over 75% of the time compaired to before the pump. I know I will have some more increases in the meds, and they will be adding a couple of meds so I don't have to take oral meds. I'm really happy and am looking forward to getting back to work partime. I think this weekend I will try driving again. Its been over 5 years since I drove, due to all the pain meds. It was my decision not to risk my life or anyone elses life or the life of their children by driving. I hope it is like ridding a bike. I wish I hadn't wasted the last several years of my life with the scs and the spread that it caused me. I would hold the drs responsible, but I can't change what happened, and life is too short to have anger at others. Life goes on and so must we.
Gentle hugs to all

Mary
edever34 (03-28-2010)