View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
...and when they say this hurts and that hurts just smile to yourself and say to yourself if you only knew.
That's the right attitude.

Did you ever find your memory start to go? My screaming at someone was just the final straw. Another of the contributing factors to leaving my job was my memory. I had always had a memory that could recall events with near accuracy, but eventually it became noticable that my memory was shot.

A few of the people who worked for me realized this and tried to take advantage. They would quote me on things that I just knew I didn't say. Not because I actually remembered the event, but because it would have been out of character for me. I finally had to ask they send requests by email, so later my actual response was in writing. That solved the problem, but was just another adjustment everyone had to make to accommodate my failing health.

I tried the Cymbalta with Gabapentin for a couple of weeks, but went back to amitriptyline (Elavil) and Gabapentin. Cymbalta and amitriptyline are both antidepressants, but for some reason the Cymbalta made me much more tired. Your idea of combining meds is a good one. That is what finally worked for me. I'm not entirely pain free, but it is tolerable.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote