View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MG and exposure to pesticides .

I was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam . Diagnosed with MG in Sept 09.
Submitted a request to VA in late 2009 for VA disability claim for MG , without any substantiating documentation . ( I had previouusly been VA disability approved for Prostate Cancer due to Agent Orange ) . Officially VA does not have MG listed as a disease caused by Agent Orange . Don't know about Gulf War pesticides . VA denied my claim ...Hope you are more successful .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI6607 View Post
I always thought there was an underlying reason why I contracted MG. I filed a VA claim three years ago upon military retirement and have just had my VA physical exams in the past couple of months. I received copies of an examination report stemming from a neurological exam I had at the VA hospital. The VA neurologist stated in writing twice in the report that it was as likely as not that my MG stems from organophosphate (pesticides) exposure in the first Gulf War. I had gathered all the information I could to prove my case. I provided photos, buddy statements, doctor statements and MSDS sheets along with a bunch of other documents. The neuro stated that I was on the verge of providing too much information. The neuro was very concerned about the side effects of so much Mestinon. MG is an official VA disability. Now we'll just have to wait and see what the VA raters do with the neuro report.
Rowejack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote