Thread: Thanks to Annie
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Geez, guys, don't you know that crying isn't good for MG!

That's very kind of you, Abby. I have to admit, I feel kind of weird being singled out because EVERYONE here is amazing, for lots of reasons. I'm glad I was able to help you. I think that "how" you think about an illness is the most important thing you can do for yourself. I'm glad you wanted to know more.

Kasper, I could almost hear the fear in your "voice" when you posted. I was lucky to have some exacerbations before my crisis, so I got to know what it was all about long before I went into one. Keep resting.

Well now, Tyson, I think the word "savior" should be reserved for those who actually deserve it! I was a "helper," among others like Brian. I cannot imagine being your age and having an MG crisis. I think I was actually being a real "B" to you, I was so frustrated about you not going in! You need to stay healthy so you can help others down the road.

I wish I could've helped my Aunt, who died of a bad blood transfusion at the age of 41. I wish I could've helped my other Aunt who died of polymyositis at age 50. I wish I could've helped my Grandma more. And my Dad, who was given a bad kidney transplant and died 16 months later. Or my Mom's parents, who both died of adenocarcinoma way too young in their 60's. I never even knew them. I guess why I get so "passionate" about knowledge, besides being a teacher and having two parents who were teachers, is that with knowledge you can live the best possible life, even with this stinking disease.

Thanks, guys. To be honest, my life lately has been a real shipwreck. And I don't know why my MG is flaring. So having those kind words was a nice surprise today, to say the least.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cricket001 (03-28-2010), Kasper1014 (03-28-2010)