View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 04:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When you have dry mouth the good bacteria in your mouth leaves. and then you have dental decay & it can happen quickly. Water is not enough to keep your teeth from not decaying. It does nothing to keep the good bacteria in your mouth. You have a flora in your mouth just like you do in your colon. Once it is messed up, well it is hard to get it back. I have Sjogrens Syndrome which was dxed righ before I got RSD & that cause dry eyes & dry mouth. I take a medication to help my salivary glands to work better than when not taking it. It is called Evoxac. You have to have Sjogrens I believe to be able to be on this drug. The pharmaceutical company is pretty strict about that. You have to also have gone thru the step program to use it as most prescritpion carriers will demand that you have gone thru the step program before paying for it. This drug is not cheap at all. I went 9 months with no prescription coverage, before Medicare Part D went into effect. That is when my teeth went so badly I now wear false teeth. There was NO saving my teeth at all after that.

I had never heard about Lyrica causing dental problems & I was on it for about a year at one time, after I lost my teeth I believe. But I did gain a ton of weight on it. I have lost it all now. The loss is due to other reasons than having one off of lyica. I take gabepentin instead as I can't take Topamax or Lamactil. Topamax caused me to go into an organic manic high, cause by the drug. Lamactil I itched from & stopped it immediately due to the black box warning it carries. Gabapentin makes me so darn sleepy all the time I hate having to take it but it is one of the drugs that helps with the burn.

Debby
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-27-2010)