View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Awesome Frogga! It's good when people get active and speak out - Unfortunately our system is flawed in many different areas here in the US when it comes to workers compensation, attorney representation, some people wait months and even years to get their cases settled or decided upon.

Right now my husband is waiting on a WC judge to decide on his case. 5+ months now waiting on a hearing, our latest estimated date is in June of this year for a hearing - Thats only estimated (no guarentees) and would put us well over a year since he was diagnosed with his condition and just a "minute" of time into his care and treatment and hopefully eventual recovery.......

In Wisconsin an insurance carrier (from another state) was able to deny and decline my husband any medical attention/care and approporiate compensation (weekly monies/benefits) ALL based on the decision/letter from a Dr who reviewed only partial records AND worse yet has NEVER EVEN SEEN HIM! This "Dr." could not tell you what color hair or eyes my husband has, yet was able to be bought and paid for by the insurance carrier and gave the insurance carrier a letter stating that he was not injured at work.....Now my husband who has 4 Dr's stating that his condition is DEFINATELY work related/caused - these are Dr's who have actually seen him are being disregarded by the insurance company and they were able to cut him off with almost no notice (5 days) from everything. Currently we are fighting to see a WC judge, he is without ANY form of income - We are living off mine as a waitress.....Can this possibly be happening in the supposed greatest country in the world?? The United States Of America?? YES! We are living it....

We also have a great problem with adequate, approporiate, fair health and medical care where people are denied pain relief, denied diagnosis, denied treatment - How can this be possible. People who are active here are living this nightmare....When will something change??

How about the inadequate research and monies to fund research for RSD? When will someone stand up and say that this is a huge problem and it needs attention?? We dont need "spokespeople" (aka Paula Abdul) - We need action!

I think it would be great if people were able to speak out and write to anyone and everyone they can - Spread our stories world wide - We need some attention....NO ONE should have to live with the pain and agony patients and their families go through.

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote